The Zeiss Loxia 85mm f/2.4 Lens for Sony E Mount is portable inconspicuous and powerful. The completely reworked optical design has been specially developed using seven lens elements for the high-resolution full-frame sensors of the mirrorless Sony α series. The Loxia 2.4/85 supplements the focal lengths of the ZEISS Loxia product family in the short telephoto lens segment. Despite its compactness the handy ZEISS LoxiaÂ® 2.4/85 a moderate telephoto lens offers outstanding image performance – across the entire image field of a full-frame sensor. Be it for a portrait or a street or landscape shot this inconspicuous lens is great for helping you master these photographic disciplines.
One completely new feature of the Loxia lens is that you can ‘declick’ the aperture’s locking mechanism using a tool (supplied) and an adjustment screw on the bayonet surface. This means that for video applications you can smoothly eliminate any unwanted differences in brightness as you pan the camera. This feature can also be used with other video systems whose size makes them suitable for adaption. Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS lenses stand out with their large rotation angle which enables precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane. The precise engraving in meter and feet and the depth of focus scale provide additional support for manually focusing.
Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines whose image does not go through the image center would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths. Tangible quality that holds its value is what qualifies ZEISS lenses for decades of hard use. A precision-engineered full-metal casing grippy focus and aperture rings made of metal and a tough front bayonet and filter screw guarantee stunning photographic results. A special sealing ring on the bayonet also protects the interface between the camera and the lens.
- Precise and durable construction low weight
- The functionality of the ZEISS Loxia lenses is perfectly matched to the camera functions of the Sony α series
- High quality images thanks to proven optical design
- Automatic activation of the magnification function when turning the focus ring
- Optional switchable aperture lock allowing for smooth adjustment in video mode
- Large focus rotation angle for the entire lens family
- High quality construction
- Robust all-metal construction for many years of use
- Easy-grip focus ring for fine manual adjustment
- A special gasket on the mount protects the connection between camera and lens
- Comes standard with a matching lens shade
- Sonnar with 7 elements in 7 groups
- Lens made of special glass with anomalous partial dispersion