The Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon F is the world’s first 1.8 prime lens at the 14mm focal length. This fast wide prime features the same large aspherical element touted in the Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art to control distortion and create stunning imagery. An updated Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) provides fast and accurate autofocus while 3 Premium FLD and 4 SLD glass elements control chromatic aberration and sagittal comma flare. Building on the highly reputable Art line the Sigma 14mm 1.8 DG HSM Art is designed to resolve the latest high megapixel DSLR sensors. Like each and every Global Vision Lens the Sigma 14mm 1.8 DG HSM Art is handcrafted at our single factory in Aizu Japan and undergoes individual evaluation before leaving Sigma’s facility. Complementing the optical performance is an equally adept Hyper Sonic Motor which provides fast smooth and near-silent autofocus performance. This focusing motor also enables full-time manual focus override at any time just by rotating the focus ring for refined manual control and focusing as close as 10.6″. The lens barrel is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite material which supports working in a wide variety of temperatures and conditions and the lens mount is constructed from brass for long-term durability and mounting accuracy. Additionally this lens is also compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuned control over focusing parameters and other lens characteristics.
With its full-frame 35mm coverage 14mm focal length for an ultra-wide angle of view F2 barrier-breaking F1.8 the SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art is the true high-speed ultra-wide-angle lens for which so many photographers have been waiting. Although some zoom lenses are available that can cover 14mm the large diameter delivering F1.8 brightness is a singular advantage. Going beyond fast shutter speed this lens can capture a swarm of fireflies with crystal clarity a beautiful bokeh effect and outstanding control of light streaking.
- 14mm ultra-wide angle of view and F1.8 brightness deliver a new dimension of visual experience: By leveraging its extreme angle of view and the dramatic perspective this creates an ultra-wide-angle lens can get up close and personal with a subject while at the same time taking in a vast background-an example of photography going beyond normal human vision. SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art combines the extremely deep depth of field that comes from an ultra-wide angle of view with the extremely shallow depth of field that comes from F1.8 brightness. The result is a sharply captured subject set against a vast background dramatically blurred with a beautiful bokeh effect. It is a highly impressive mode of photographic expression that until now simply has not existed.
- Minimized chromatic aberrations: Three FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and four SLD (Super Low Dispersion) glass elements help minimize transverse chromatic aberration which tends to be noticeable in shots taken with ultra-wide-angle lenses. The result is outstanding image quality from the center of the image to the edges.
- Featuring a large-diameter aspherical lens element: The SIGMA 12-24mmF4 DG HSM Art was the first SIGMA lens to feature a large 80mm aspherical lens element. Building on the expertise derived from this success the new lens features a large 80mm precision-molded glass aspherical lens as its front element. This technology has made possible the 14mm F1.8 specification-the first of its kind.
- Minimized distortion: Serving as the front lens element the large 80mm precision-molded glass aspherical lens effectively minimizes distortion. Offering excellent peripheral brightness this lens delivers outstanding image quality from the center to the edges.
- Distinctive bokeh effect: Even at the 14mm ultra-wide-angle of view F1.8 brightness makes possible a very shallow depth of field with the subject standing out dramatically against a bokeh background. It’s the unique mode of expression that only a large-diameter lens can deliver.
- Seventh 35mm full-frame prime lens to join the Art line: Launched in 2012 the SIGMA 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art was the first lens in the Art line. Since then SIGMA has developed a wide variety of lenses for the line and the SIGMA 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art is the seventh prime lens in the line to offer 35mm full-frame coverage. Now even stronger the Art line sets the new standard for prime lenses in the ultra-high-megapixel era.