The Sigma 12-24mm f4 DG HSM Art Lens for Nikon is a premium full frame wide angle zoom designed to have minimal distortion in its wide angle imagery. Part of the Art line the Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art was created from decades of experience manufacturing wide-angle lenses. FLD glass elements with performance equal to fluorite provide for exceptional image quality while an updated Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) uses 1.3X the torque for quick AF.
A constant F4 aperture through the entire zoom range allows for greater ability in low light compared to previous models and the use of the largest aspherical element in the industry controls distortion ghosting and flaring. An emphasis on edge to edge performance brings stunningly sharp and contrasty images to life. Ideal for many types of photography the 12-24mm F4 Art is perfect for landscape photography architecture photography interior photography and much more.
The lens offers a large focusing ring with full-time manual override settings for quickly making adjustments. The 9-blade diaphragm improves image quality by helping create smooth bokeh while the lens is constructed from a lightweight and durable thermally-stable composite. Also the 12-24mm has a brass bayonet lens mount and is dust- and splash-proof it is fully compatible with Sigma’s USB Dock.
- 80mm aspherical lens the largest in this lens class: The SIGMA 12-24mm F4 DG HSM / Art features 80mm large-diameter molded glass aspherical lens the largest such element in this class of lens. This lens is highly effective in minimizing distortion spherical aberration and coma flare.
- F4 brightness throughout the zoom range: With F4 throughout the zoom range this lens is one stop brighter than conventional lenses. Photographers can now use a higher shutter speed that will crisply capture leaves fluttering in the breeze and other quick-moving subjects.
- Minimum focusing distance of 24cm/9.45″: Leveraging the incredibly broad perspective of an ultra-wide-angle lens photographers can compose close-up shots with impressively expansive backgrounds. At 24mm end of the zoom range
- Newly designed HSM for nimble AF control: The newly designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) is large offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds it offers exceptionally stable performance
- Mount with dust- and splash-proof construction: The lens mount incorporates rubber sealing to protect the mount from dust and water drops. The front and rear lenses feature a water- and oil-repellent coating that is particularly useful when shooting in a drizzle near ocean spray and in a wide variety of other conditions
- Art line delivers high-level artistic expression: Offering astonishing rendering performance that meets the highest standard they are perfect for landscapes portraits still-lifes close-ups and casual snaps. They are made for the kind of photography that unleashes the inner artist
- Compatible with Mount Converter MC-11: Mount Converter MC-11 allows you to use your SIGMA SA mount and SIGMA EOS mount (Canon-compatible) interchangeable lenses with the Sony E-mount camera body. Owners of multiple camera systems can get even more out of their valuable lens assets
- New material TSC (Thermally Stable Composite): To ensure precise operation internal parts feature generous use of metal and Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) which is highly compatible with metal parts.
- The Sigma 12-24mm f/4 DG HSM ART Super Wide-Angle Zoom Lens: With the best craftsmanship incorporates a rounded diaphragm and features a brass made bayonet mount.
- Compatible with: SIGMA USB Dock for SIGMA Global Vision lenses (optional)