Including a hood this Pentax smc FA 645 80-160mm f/4.5 Lens medium telephoto zoom lens transitions from 63mm to 126.55mm with a 35mm equivalent focal length offers a f/4.5 maximum aperture and features autofocus extending down to f/32. Improving picture quality it benefits from multiple low-dispersion glass elements and Super Multi Coating which blocks out flare and ghosting. Focus as close as 3.3 feet when using this lens which gives consistency to out-of-focus areas with an eight-blade diaphragm. Photographers may add 77mm filters with the front thread and when the hood is attached can easily adjust all by turning the front of the lens.
- The front of the lens can be rotated while the hood is attached allowing for easy rotation of filters like circular polarizers.
- 35mm focal length equivalent of 63–126.5mm.
- Aperture range of f/4.5 to f/32.
- Angle of view of 47° to 21.5° which equates to 38° to 17.5° on Pentax 645 digital cameras.
- Lens construction of 11 elements in 10 groups.
- Extraordinary and extra-low dispersion glass elements help to minimize chromatic aberrations and maximize sharpness.
- Accepts 77mm threaded filters.
- Minimum focusing distance throughout the zoom range is 3.3′.
- Super Multi Coating increases light transmission as well as helps to eliminate ghosting and flaring.
- Works with both film and digital formats.
- Aperture ring and focusing distance scale.
- Eight diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas