This powerful CX-format power drive zoom lens captures your expressions whether near or far using incredible magnification. Compact and lightweight the Nikon 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 1 Nikkor CX Format VR Lens (Black) (picture angle equivalent of a 27-270mm in 35mm format) is equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR II) voice coil AF motor (VCM) and three adjustable zoom speeds that make it ideal for movie recording plus photo capture. Technologically advanced this lens is incredibly powerful and a first of its kind for Nikon benchmarking a power zoom drive in a robust portable size. Unprecedented technology backed by quality are hallmarks of the 1 NIKKOR lens system.
- Nikon’s first 10x Power Drive zoom lens – A versatile 10-100mm power zoom this lens was developed specifically for shooting movies. The lens features three adjustable zoom speeds to bring coverage variety plus a voice coil AF motor (VCM) that keeps camera pan-in and pan-out activity silent. Vibration reduction (VR II) reduces the chance of blurred photos. Use this lens to capture everything from portraits to sweeping landscape views.
- Capture motion in full HD (1080p) movies – Vary your angles and depth of field with the 10-100mm lens. This lens is equipped with power drive zoom and vibration reduction (VR II). Also included is the voice coil AF motor (VCM) for quiet autofocusing. Powerful and versatile your expressions in movie mode will sizzle. Whether working up close with wide view or framing a horizon in the distance the 10-100mm lens puts flexibility into your workflow.
- Subjects framed to precision – Command extended depth of field with the 10-100mm and isolate subjects from their backgrounds for both photos and video. Equipped with vibration reduction (VR II) the 10-100mm is ideal for movie recording as well as photo capture sharpness. The 10-100mm 1 NIKKOR lens applies three ED and two aspherical lens elements to ensure only the highest quality and color images even at the widestaperture settings are obtained. The HRI (High Refractive Index) lens element keeps lens compact while offering superior contrast at even maximum aperture.
- Move in closer – Use the amazing reach of the 10-100mm and bring subjects close. Get right in the action by maximizing to the full 100mm and retain sharpness at 2.8 feet from your subject. Even at this magnification photos and movies come out crystal clear and sharp courtesy of vibration reduction (VR II).
- Vibration Reduction – This innovative VR system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed three stops (eight times) faster. It allows handheld shooting at dusk at night and even in poorly lit interiors. The lens’ VR system also detects automatically whe n the photographer pans – no special mode is required.
- High Refractive Index lens – With a refractive index of more than 2.0 one HRI lens can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements and can compensate for both field curvature and spherical aberrations. Therefore HRI lenses achieve great optical performance in an even more compact body.
- Internal Focusing – Imagine being able to focus a lens without it changing in size. Nikon’s IF technology enables just that. All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the nonextending lens barrel. This allows for a more compact lightweight construction as well as a closer focusing distance.
- Aspherical lens element – Aspherical lenses virtually eliminate the problem of coma and other types of lens aberration – even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting the distortion in wideangle lenses. In addition use of aspherical lenses contributes to a lighter and smaller lens design.
- Extra-low Dispersion Glass – Nikon developed ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass to enable the production of lenses that offer superior sharpness and color correction by minimizing chromatic aberration. ED glass offers all the benefits yet none of the drawbacks of calcium fluorite-basedglass. With this innovation Nikon developed several types of ED glass suitable for various lenses.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating – To enhance the performance of its optical lens elements Nikon employs an exclusive multilayer lens coating that helps reduce ghost and flare to a negligible level. Nikon Super Integrated Coating achieves a number of objectives including minimized reflection in the wider wavelength range and superior color balance and reproduction.