The Hoya 77mm UV HD3 Filter is developed to exceed the sharpness needs of 50-megapixel cameras entering the market the Hoya HD3 UV (Ultraviolet) camera filter sports a new and improved 32-layer ultra-smooth ultra-hard nano-coating that is 5x sharper and 800% harder than the Hoya HD2 UV. Combined with the exclusive chemically enhanced Hoya optical UV glass which is 4X harder than traditional optical glass the new Hoya HD3 UV lives up to “Hoya Tough” and is the NEW “”Toughest Filter on the Planet”. The new HD3 series of filters consists of a UV in common sizes ranging from 37mm to 82mm. The filter’s UV properties filter unwanted ultra-violet rays reducing haze and increasing clarity. This means the filter faithfully maintains the sharpness and clarity of the original lens while protecting from everyday wear-and-tear and extreme shooting conditions. Building on the brand’s reputation for producing the toughest filters on the planet Hoya engineers have developed a new ultra-hard nano-coating formula in addition to a new process for applying layers of antireflective coating to the HD3 glass.
These two factors combine to yield a coating that is 800% harder than the optical coating on the previous generation of filters. The HD3 UV professional filter features a new 32-layer proprietary coating system that greatly reduces or eliminates reflections on the surface of the glass and yields a 99.7% light transmission rate. This means the filter has virtually no effect on the color balance contrast or clarity of the final image. Additionally the hardened antistatic top-layer is water repellent stain and scratch resistant and cleans easily when smudges or fingerprints are introduced to the surface.
The filters in the new HD3 series utilize a lightweight one-piece low-profile aluminum frame to house the glass. This one-piece design allows the filter to maintain perfect parallel alignment to the sensor plane for maximum sharpness while the low-profile frame eliminates vignetting when used on ultra-wide-angle lenses.
- NEW and IMPROVED ultra-smooth nano-coating is 800% harder for ultimate protection and cleaning
- NEW 32-Layer Ultra-Hard Nano Multi-Coating process creates the sharpest consumer UV filter available
- Chemically enhanced UV optical glass is 4x stronger than normal optical glass
- NEW 32-layer Hoya proprietary coating system reduces reflections and glare
- NEW Multi-coating technology yields 99.7% light transmission and is extremely scratch & stain resistant and water & oil repellent
- Super thin lightweight aluminum frame will not vignette on wide-angle lenses
- Front Filter threads accepts lens caps and other filters for stacking
- One-piece frame is glass mounted with high pressure press technology so the filter will not separate